Dunbartonshire Scottish Mumpreneur Network meet ups
Our meet ups were held on the 24th and 26th August. We held one during the day and one in the evening for those who could not meet before 6pm.
24th August in Goggle-box, Helensburgh.
Goggle-box is a soft play centre which meant we could bring our children and not have to worry about childcare. 11 people stated they would attend but in the end there were 5 of us (one had forgotten, I do not know why the others did not attend).
We brought business cards and examples of our work.. Several mums from nearby tables came over to see what we were doing and we issued our business cards and spoke about the SMN. Also the owner of Goggle-box informed us she was doing a ladies night and would we like stalls? We discussed amongst ourselves the possibility of having our own regular craft fairs.
The 5 who attended were:
• Kirsteen Allison – Your Wedding at Loch Lomond, Can You Do Me a Favour,CIA Photography and a careers adviser.
• Catherine Marsh – Beauty for You, Cath's Clay Creations and NHS 24
• Jenni Regan – Dub Stitch and Loch Lomond Kids
• Jenny Townsend – See Saw Children's Clothing, The Shepherd's house B&B
• Pam Freeman – Phoenix Trading
August 26th, the Clipper, Dumbarton
This was an evening meet up for those who worked during the day. 7 people said they would attend but only 5 turned up.
Again we brought business cards and samples and discussed our work over a meal. This evening networking event was good for getting to know each other but the Gogglebox one was much more successful, I feel mainly because there were more mums and it was held in a 'mum' environment (soft play).
The people who attended the evening meet up were
• Kirsteen Allison – information as above
• Catherine Marsh – information as above
• Ann Pryce – aromatherapist, retailer, stress management, tarot reader
• Lauren Munro – mobile hair and make up
• Lauren's mum – administrator
We hope to have meetups monthly and hopefully recruit more people to come along.
Kirsteen Alison of www.yourweddingatlochlomond.co.uk www.canyoudomeafavour.co.uk www.ciaphotography.co.uk
Catherine Marsh: www.cathsclaycreations.co.uk www.beauty4-you.com
Jenni Regan: www.lochlomondkids.co.uk www.dubstitch.co.uk
Jenny Townsend: www.theshepherdshouse.co.uk and www.seesaw.uk.com
Pam Freeman: www.phoenix-trading.co.uk
Lauren Munro: www.bylauren.co.uk
Ann Pryce: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dumbarton-United-Kingdom/Lotions-Potions-Gift-Shop/115630285133317?ref=search